- that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only Redeemer and Head of the church;
- the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of God, inerrant in their original writings and the only infallible rule of faith and practice;
- that the Westminster Confession of Faith embodies the system of doctrine taught in the Holy Scriptures, and we receive and adopt it as the doctrinal standard of our church;
- that the Presbyterian form of church government is derived from the Holy Scriptures;
- and that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone.
This is just a brief introduction to what we believe. As members of the World Reformed Fellowship we also uphold the WRF Statement of Faith which builds on this introduction, as well as dealing with critical issues facing the 21st century church, such as abortion, genetic manipulation, the nature of marriage, poverty, suffering and oppression.
If you want to know more about the story of WPC, our vision and our history, see our denominational website WPC Australia.